.

.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Baby Picture

Adoption is hard but so rewarding. It felt great to finally be able to share a picture of Leah yesterday. It made it all seem a little more real. It is still hard to believe that in just a few short weeks, I will hold her in my arms. Now, she may not like me to hold her but I am excited to be given the chance. 

After accepting Leah's file in February, we have been blessed with pictures and videos but no baby pics. Leah was found and was taken to the Shangrao Children's Welfare Center on August 7, 2012.  By this time, she was 13 months old   Her mother did not know that she had difficulty hearing so she likely was planning on keeping her and was well taken care while still in her care.  Huge praise!!

One evening, I was researching her orphanage in Shangrao. Well, I found something that was totally unexpected and brought me to tears (doesn't take much). As I scrolled through the first page of images that Google brought up, I found myself staring at a little girl... IT WAS LEAH!! 

Our agency Holt, did an article on her orphanage back in April 2013 and put a picture of her in it. This is the youngest "baby" picture that we have of her so far. In this picture, she had been at the orphanage about 7 months. We had been given a picture almost identical to this one just days before finding this picture through my Google search. 


Our first "Baby Picture"
20 months old





2 comments: