.

.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIY Pom Poms

Emily turned 2 on January 1st and I wanted to decorate with out spending a lot of $$$. While browsing PINTEREST (love it!!!) I found this DIY tutitorial for Pom Poms. I loved these from the start and knew I had to try.

On New Year's Day we had my family over for breakfast to celebrate Emily's birthday and Nick's family over for dinner. I got up early to make these quick before my family came over. I was not thinking clearly (late night before, 5:30 am and a Sunday) and did not take any pictures during the project. ugh!

I have always loved crafty, DIY, creative thinking projects but, in the past 10 years, I did not continue any of that after getting married (will be 10  years this May!).  I think my girls have a lot to do with me wanting to do more now. They LOVE IT when I make anything and they also have a love for being creative! YAY!!!

So, anyways, I made 9 tissue balls in about 45 min and it was SO MUCH FUN! I hung them all around the kitchen and living room in clusters.

Emily loved them for her party and so did I!
Today, I took them down and put them in the girls' rooms for some great decoration!





Here are the basic step by step instructions to make your own pom poms.
Be creative with colors, patterns and sizes! Good luck!

Next week I am making bow boards/picture boards for the girls. Check back soon!


3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog Brooke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those!!! They really do add a great pop of color. Thanks for sharing--looking forward to your next creative post. julie :)

    ReplyDelete