.

.

Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 Resolutions

Every year, I enjoy the feeling of a fresh new start. The past resolutions were your typical: loose weight, eat healthier and give more. Don't get me wrong, those are great goals but I did not put a lot of thought and heart into deciding on those goals.


 I took my "me time" and prayed about what GOD wanted me to do with my fresh start. After a couple weeks of prayer, note taking and ideas I finally had a list of improvements and new goals that I felt were realistic and doable.


This year, I want to be a better person for myself, as a wife, mother most importantly.. for God!


I am the type of person that needs accountability to others if I am going to have success. I would like to use this blog for many different things this year. I would like to expand this blog from a journal of our daily lives to a wide variety of subjects. Maybe include meal planning, coupons, fitness, house projects, and DIY projects [of course that would include a little Pinterest :)]


It is going to take some time to figure it all out but I would like to start by sharing with you my goals for 2012. I hope that by doing this I will become accountable to you and maybe, just maybe, become a better person.


Goals for 2012
Personal:
  • Be more prompt.
  • Rely 100% on God.
  • Set up family binder.
  • Plan meals.
  • Tackle 12 DIY Projects.
  • Take more pictures and organize them better. 
  • Make 5 picture books. 
  • Start college!
  Marriage:


  •  Read and pray more with Nick.
  • Pray for Nick daily. 
  • Do something special for Nick, at least once a week. 
  • Continue to have monthly date nights.
Children:


  •  Plan monthly activities for kids.
  • Go on at least one family vacation. 
  • Start Grace and Truth Memory Book.
  • Schedule dates/outings with each of the children individually.
Ministry:
  • Be more involved in our church and community.
  • Write at least 2 handwritten notes every month to encourage someone.
Blogging:
  • Grow my blog and have fun with it!
  • Blog monthly about my goals to stay accountable.
Health:
  • Be healthier for myself, Nick and the kids.
  • Complete 2 exercise videos at home per week.
  • Take 2 classes at the y per week.
  • Finish couch to 10K plan.
  • Run in the Forgotten Children 5K race.
  •  
Home:
  • Tackle house project list. Complete it by end of year?
  • Keep home "30 minutes to company" clean.


Financial:
  • Continue to tithe 10% of our income.
  • Give generously to needs in our community and around the world, as God prompts us. 
  • Set up an emergency fund. We will start with $3000.
  • Start cash system. Pay bills online and use credit cards for online only.
  • Bump up couponing and lower weekly grocery bill.
  • Start college funds for the kids.


There, now my life is an open book and I feel really good.
I pray that you will keep me accountable as I work through these goals for the year.
I will be referring back to this list at least once a month and giving updates on my progress.

I would love to know what your top goals are for your fresh start!

No comments:

Post a Comment