.

.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Adoption Garage Sale

It has been 6 months since my last post!! How did I let that happen? Life has changed a lot and we have been quite busy with many adventures.  Throughout the next few weeks, I am going to attempt to play catch-up. There are so many things to share and many things that I want to remember.

In the last post, we were waiting to travel to China. We had a garage sale right before we left for China that just blew us away. We received so much love and support through what started off as your typical garage sale. It turned into a breakfast serving, lunch serving, barn full, outside full, friends & family supporting us all day. God clearly put his stamp of approval on our sale.

Thanks to Mike and Carmon for giving us their barn for 4 months. That was a huge blessing. Nick spent months cleaning out the barn and setting things up for me. I have an amazing husband and he showed me how much his heart was into our adoption.

Nick's parents donated their garage sale items for our sale which was a good percentage of the goods. As the months of preparation started, boxes of other peoples things started to just show up. Everyday that I opened the barn doors, there were more boxes of items being donated. Talk about humbling, I had many amazing friends donate their time and work in prepping for the sale.

My sister-in-law and my good friend, Clacey, came all day to help manage the food that was being served. They were a true blessing as this made me free to explain to customers why we were having the sale and what the monies were being used for.

The money raised that day went towards our travel expenses and was a huge help.

In summary, this was a garage sale that only God could pull off. 

We are so grateful to all of you for your items, financial donations, your time, 
donated food, and so much more



No comments:

Post a Comment